How To Make a Bathroom Seem Larger With a Tub to Shower Conversion
June 10, 2022
There are many reasons why converting a tub to a shower can be a good idea for your home. For example, if you have people with limited mobility, a shower provides easier access than a tub. Sweeten provides 7 Bathtub to Shower Conversions Upgrade in Style
stories for you to check out what other people have done to their bathrooms and why they chose to get rid of their old tubs.
However, one of the main benefits of tub-to-shower conversions is that you gain a lot of space in your bathroom.
The Home Depot explains that most types of bathtubs
are usually around 60 inches long, 30 inches wide, and 14 to 16 inches high. Whereas, HomeAdvisor clarifies that standard shower sizes
are 36 x 36 inches to comply with the accessibility standards issued under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
By choosing to convert a regular tub into a shower, you could gain at least 36 inches worth of space, or more, if your tub is bigger. That's why converting your tub into a shower is an award-winning idea to get more space in small bathrooms.
And the best part is that companies with over 20 years' experience in the home services space, like Shower Panels Direct, can streamline the process and successfully complete a tub-to-shower conversion in just one day!
Here's how our simple five-step process for tub-to-shower conversions works.
Our Simple Five-Step Process for Converting Your Tub Into a Shower
- Step 1: First, we will remove your old top and get the area ready to install your new shower. This means we will check that there are no leaks and that everything is in good condition to ensure a seamless installation. Then, we will disconnect the plumbing and adjust it for your new shower. Also, depending on the shower kit you have selected, we will remove wall surfaces around the tub as needed.
- Step 2: We will start building the base of your shower, installing a subflooring over the tub area where the shower pan will be installed.
- Step 3: Our seasoned professionals will ensure your walls are prepped with the utmost care before installation. Then, we will apply your choice of style to the walls of your new shower.
- Step 4: We will install the shower pans, surround panels, and showerhead panels. Then we will connect the shower drain.
- Step 5: We will attach the faucet handle, showerhead, and shower doors. Lastly, we will test the shower and ensure we leave everything ready for you to enjoy your next shower.
Now that you know the benefits of a tub-to-shower conversion and the process, you are probably wondering if the whole endeavor fits your budget.
How Much Does It Cost To Convert a Tub Into a Shower?
Just so you get an idea, the average cost of a tub to shower conversion ranges from $12,000 to $18,000. This cost covers removing the tub, installing the shower panel system, the shower pan, adding glass doors, curtain rods, soap niches, and all other items. However, that estimate is for companies that are not manufacturer direct, which is also why most companies could take up to three days to complete a tub-to-shower conversion.
The Shower Panels Direct Difference
Shower Panels Direct offers you the best prices and turnaround times. Shower Panels Direct is manufacturer direct, so you save up to 50% by cutting out the middleman and even more with our volume discounts to tradesmen.
Shower Panels Direct is a USA-based shower panel distribution and installation company offering distribution and installation services to the trade, as well as homeowners and businesses in Rochester, Buffalo, all Western NY, Westchester, Nassau County, Suffolk County, NYC, Brooklyn, Queens, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. We also distribute panels and related supplies to the entire East Coast.
Besides our extensive experience in the home services space, being manufacturer direct, and having great turnaround times, there's one key element that sets Shower Panels Direct apart.
That key element is that we treat you as we want to be treated when having work done in our home. That's why we have thousands of happy customers that have experienced firsthand the Shower Panels Direct difference.
If you want to be one of them, call us at 718-210-5336
or fill out the form in the contact us
section to find out just how much money you will save by choosing us to replace your tub with a shower.
Also, if your dream of having a beautiful bathroom requires more than a tub-to-shower conversion, we also offer the following services:
- Tub Liners.
- Shower Liner Panels.
- Shower Panel Accessories.
- Shower Panel Installation materials.
Take the first step towards having the bathroom of your dreams at an affordable price, and call now!